Friday, November 5, 2010

I want to go back....

In May, I traveled with my family to the most amazing city on Earth--London. This city has so many wonderful things to offer: an incredibly fun and relaxed culture, great people, and a big city with a not-so-big city feel. And so.....I want to go back. I told my parents and my best friend B, I wanted to move there after graduation. Well, it's after graduation and I'm still living at home. Why? Fear. I am terrified of moving somewhere completely on my own. I cannot think of anything scarier. Even though London is home to some of the friendliest people I've ever come across, I can't imagine packing up and going overseas to LIVE. But, I have been thinking that maybe I should go back for a visit....Get a better feel for the city, make some connections, and then consider once again moving there for a year or so. Other than my amazing family and truly wonderful friends, I've got nothing holding me back. So, here are just a few things I love so much about London. Maybe reliving these memories will give me a push in the right direction. Annnd maybe these photos will convince you to come with me....
Need I say more? The most amazing one-stop-shop. Right in the middle of the city.

The Churchill Arms is such an amazing pub! It was packed with young happy hour-ers when we went for dinner and drinks. And the Thai food was superb!

I love relaxing in the beautiful parks.....

....and then hopping on the tube and heading to the 
busy 'Times Square-esque' Picadilly Circus.

No, it's not just in Mary Poppins...there are real live women who "Feed the Birds"

It is normal for tourists and businessmen alike to enjoy a beer at lunch. 
Can't do that in America.

The bathroom is called the "loo." Gotta love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment