Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Apple of My Eye

Instead of going the traditional route this year and making a pumpkin pie, I opted for an apple pie. This was my first time ever making an apple pie. It was also my first time making pie crust from scratch. And it was even my first time using an apple peeler. Needless to say, I am super excited about this and I can't wait to dig in tomorrow!


The ingredients for the pie crust.
In the works....
The pie recipe.
This is a cookbook that we've had since 1994.
Moms from our elementary school submitted their favorite recipes and then the school compiled a cookbook!
The recipe called for 6 Granny Smith apples, but I ended up only using 5.
I love baking!
Just before adding the rest of the ingredients and the top crust.
Before going in the oven...
...and after!
(Looks a little messy, but a great first attempt!)

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

2 comments:

  1. mmm...looks yummy! i think i'm going to need a lesson on blogging/linking/uploading pictures. very impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to sneak into the orchard on November nights in Massachusetts; one kid would climb the apple tree and throw the fruit down to the others. We brought (paper) shopping bags full to our moms, who would waste no time in making apple pies out of them. "Where did you get all these nice apples," my mom asked once. "We found an apple tree," I said. She didn't press further.
    Here's hoping your pie was the highlight of the season!!!

    ReplyDelete