Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Uhhh, I have to pay for that?

Here it is folks, a huge surprise....I have lived a pretty sheltered life. 
Whew, it feels good to get that off my chest.
But seriously. 


Here is today's dialogue between my roommate (aka my mother) and myself:


Roommate: "Oooh, you got some mail! Oh this is great that you got this!"


Me: {Thinking to myself what wedding/shindig/engagement party/baby shower do I have coming up?} "What is it?"


Roommate: {Ripping open my mail with a mischievous grin.} 
"It's your license plate payment!"


Me: "Uhhh, I have to pay for that?"


Roommate: "$81.00 to be exact."
-----
I have come to realize that while I have recently taken over any and all payments that have anything to with me (excluding rent, bills, groceries - the joys of living at home, thanks mom & dad!) every time I start to feel a sense of self-pride that I'm on a great track, something new comes out of thin air. Who knew you get a bill in the mail for your license plate?!...Not me!...And $81.00?! ARE. YOU. KIDDING.


I took this sweet little surprise as today's reminder that just when I start to think I've got things pretty figured out, I get a random notice in the mail that tells me that I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment