Sunday, June 12, 2011

Books

I've been reading like a mad woman lately! I have turned into a girl who prefers to curl up in bed with a good book over watching whatever is on TV. I've read at least one book each month so far this year, and I would recommend all of them! So go to your nearest Barnes & Noble, library, or Amazon.com and get to reading!


Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner  --  I read the majority of this on my flight to Orlando for the Capital One Bowl in Orlando in January. A light and quick read. Not my favorite book ever but still interesting enough to keep you hooked. So save this one for a long car ride or when you're laying by the pool.  

Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea and Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler  --  February was a month where I needed a few laughs. And Chelsea did the trick. I was seen on more than one occasion laughing out loud in public. Hey, it happens.

The Go-Getter Girls Guide by Debra Shigley  --  I swear by this book. I think every young female twenty-something should read this how-to on how to become successful at being successful in anything you tackle in life. Thank you, Ashley, for this wonderful gift!

Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez and The Next Thing On My List by Jill Smolinski  --  I spent a good amount of time in April laying poolside, riding in the car to Hilton Head, and getting in bed early, which gave me a lot of time to read. If you like fictional books with some good ol' American history, Wench is a good read for you. Based in the mid-1800s, this book tells a different tale about slavery and the moral complexities of that era. On a different note, The Next Thing On My List is a light, quick, fun read about a woman in her twenties searching for purpose. And it has inspired me to make a list of my own to complete before I'm 25.

The Lion by Nelson DeMille  --  As part of a two book series, DeMille writes about a psychotic terrorist who is taking revenge on the United States. I could not put these books down (the first is The Lion's Game) and I highly recommend both!  

Decision Points by George W. Bush -- I am currently in the middle of W.'s memoir, and I love it. No matter if you loved/hated/or were indifferent towards our 43rd President, it's a wonderful insight into his life, political journey, and time in office.

No comments:

Post a Comment