Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I'll bring dessert.

Tonight I went to a dinner party at a friend's house. She prepared a tasty entrée consisting of  arugula salad with lemon vinaigrette topping a breaded chicken breast, pasta, & a-mazing garlic parmesan bread rolls.  Someone else brought the wine. And I brought a dessert. 
I saw these white cupcakes with strawberry icing and fruit garnishing on one of my favorite blogs and thought it was the perfect summer treat! Plus, who doesn't love cupcakes? I was really looking forward to trying out a new recipe, and of course sharing these at dinner. My buttercream icing did not come out exactly  right (No wonder they always say never to try cooking something new before bringing it to share with others!) but luckily for me (and everyone who ate one), they still tasted good and the strawberry flavoring was light and tasty. It was a fun dinner party (especially meal preparation!) with old and some new friends, over a delicious meal and great conversation.




Martha Stewart's recipe for cupcakes with strawberry buttercream icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment