Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sweet Tooth, Beware!

In keeping with my New Year's Resolutions, I have been doing quite a bit of cooking and baking. And I found that I really love it! I have also found that I can cook (nudge to all of my friends who use to ruthlessly mock what they interpreted to be epic failure in the kitchen). Anyway, I spent a lot of time in the kitchen over the weekend and I wanted to share the recipes I used with y'all.


On Friday night I cooked dinner for myself and the roomies. I saw this recipe for a spicy pork lettuce wrap on a friend's blog and thought it sounded absolutely delicious. Fact: It was! It will definitely be a repeat meal in the house.
Then there was dessert. Let me start by saying that I love cupcakes. Let me finish by saying that I love baking cupcakes.

I found this recipe for Black Bottom Cupcakes online, and boy oh boy are they tasty!
Chocolate cupcakes
Added the cream cheese filling
The finished product.
The presentation is not as great as the taste....A new challenge for next time.
And in the Valentine's Day spirit, I made Red Velvet cupcakes with a delicious cream cheese icing. (And I'm not talking about the cake mix out of the box.) Yummy yummy!
I cut the end off of a Ziploc bag to do the icing.
All of these recipes come highly recommended from a girl who loves food. Let me know if you give any of them a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment