Thursday, February 2, 2012

work for it

This morning I got the official word that I will brought in on a really cool project at work, where I will be involved from conception to execution. The event involves all-things Atlanta: a Foundation, athletes and a great downtown venue. Needless to say, I'm thrilled!

For those who have the pleasure of hearing about my "work woes" (cough: my dad and my roommate), they will surely understand my excitement. I have just short of begged to be more involved in a wider variety of things at work, with an emphasis on hospitality events. And thus far, nothing has worked out in my favor. I felt like I was going the extra mile to show that I was ready to take on new projects and more leadership, but was feeling overlooked and discouraged. Now my time has arrived and I'm so excited! It goes to show that hard work and patience (though I have very little) do pay off.

"A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work." - Colin Powell

1 comment:

  1. yayy!! this is super awesome and i am so so so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete