Friday, July 1, 2011

07.01.2011

a.k.a., the half-way point of 2011. My goodness, how time flies! It seems like just a couple of months ago I was writing about my resolutions for 2011. Like I said in the original post, I have never stuck to the resolutions I have made, but this year has been different. I haven't been the best at keeping up with the 4 things I set out to do this year. But, I am working on it! And so.....a recap. Perhaps seeing what I have excelled at and what I have failed at will keep me going strong for the remainder of the year!

Read at least one book each month: Check!
I have been absolutely successful in doing this. In fact, I don't even think of it as a goal that I want to achieve each month. I just finish one book and move on to another. I was never a big reader in school (I think one of the only required reading I ever finished was Catcher in the Rye) but I can honestly say I am a reader now! {Books I have read so far in 2011}

Go to the gym, 4 times a week, without complaining: 75%-check
I really don't like to workout. Rephrase: I really don't like getting off my lazy behind and going to the gym. But once I'm there, I can workout and feel great afterwards! Overall, I'm going probably 2 or 3 times a week, and complaining about it only once in a while. And since it's summertime now I'm swimming laps at the pool on the days I can't work up the motivation to get sweaty and do squats. For now, that is good enough for me!

Become better at keeping up with friends and family: Semi-check
This is something that I've never been great at. I always think if something big or exciting or horrible or scary or wonderful is happening with my friends or family, they'll call and let me know. And vice-versa. But what a horrible way to think! So while I may not be engaging in a weekly phone update with my BFFs, I do try to reach out via phone call, text, e-mail, Facebook, and dinner dates as often as I can. This is one of those things that will become more important as time goes on, and I intend to master it. Stay tuned. 

Cook or bake something new once every week: Pretty Much Fail
I started out this year like a champ on this one. I was baking cupcakes, breakfast bars, fruity treats and cookies. And I was trying new dinner recipes all the time. But come March, it all went downhill. I can't even remember the last time I cooked a meal for me and my roommates. So this category could use some major improvement! Please send any quick and easy dinner recipes my way, I'd love to try them out.

I hope the remaining 6 months of 2011 are as great and full of new adventures and surprises as these have been. Come December, I will be excited to be able to say that I stuck to my resolutions for the entire year....I hope! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment